Sell offline with YourShop POS
- YourShop POS is integrated with YourShop Online Shop. This powerful combination lets you sell offline and online through a single centralised system without any IT knowledge. Stock is always up to date, even if you have several POS, and Inventory is easily done. YourShop POS enables true multichannel business to keep your customers coming back. YourShop POS works on Computers, iPads, and Mobile Phones.
Configure YourShop POS
- The 32 BackOffice options in the picture let you configure YourShop POS to your needs. As YourShop POS is integrated with YourShop Online Shop, all the Online Shop configuration options are also at your disposal. For example, delivery services, payment methods, price groups if some customers have preferential prices, VAT, and many more. You can even configure renting out products.
- You can use a Barcode Scanner to reduce errors and to improve efficiency. YourShop POS works with Barcode Scanners which have an integrated Keyboard Wedge Decoder. The Barcode Scanner we used in the above video is a Manhattan model 401517 [MBC-C80].
- YourShop POS prints receipts on 80mmm POS Receipt Printers. Contact support if you have 58mm POS Receipt Printers. If you already have a Receipt Printer, try to print this receipt in your browser and if successful, it will work with YourShop POS. The Receipt Printer we used in the above video is an EPSON TM-m30II-111.
- YourShop POS is also mPOS. It works on computers, iPads, and mobile phones. If your vendors accompany customers when they do their shopping in your shop shelves, it is better if your vendors can add products immediately to their customer's order. YourShop mPOS lets you manage your shop and restaurant with a fully connected and interlinked user-friendly system.
- If your products have barcodes, YourShop POS works with them, provided you use a Keyboard Wedge which turns your mobile device into a camera-based barcode scanner. You can buy a Keyboard Wedge at codecorp.com or at scandit.com.
Working across devices
- YourShop POS lets you work simultaneously on multiple devices. You can start a purchase on a mobile phone, then continue on an iPad, and finish the purchase on a desktop computer. There is no limit to how many times you change devices during a sale. YourShop POS lets a perfect multichannel experience provide customers with a seamless shopping experience, whether they are shopping online from a desktop or mobile device, by telephone, or on-site.
- The more you know what is going on in your shop, the easier you can manage your business. The YourShop BackOffice enables you to track sales by date, status, customer, vendor, POS, product, language, and currency. Combining different criterias allows you to easily find what you are looking for. The report in the picture was generated by the following criteria: How many sales did the vendor Blondine do on POS No. 13 during the last 2 days.
What is a POS system and its History
- Wikipedia has a good article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Point_of_sale which says: The basic, fundamental definition of a POS System, is a system which allows the processing and recording of transactions between a company and their consumers, at the time in which goods and/or services are purchased.
- From a technological point of view, we at YourShop note that the POS systems evolved from a pure mechanical device, the cash register invented in 1879 by saloon-owner James Ritty of Ohio, and later sold to the National Cash Register Corporation (NCR) in 1884, into a networked system. In the 70s, IBM released mainframe based POS systems, and McDonald's Restaurants used a kind of client server technology which was built by William Brobeck and Associates and based on Intel's 8008 microprocessor. Eugene "Gene" Mosher introduced the first graphical POS software featuring a touchscreen interface on the Atari 520ST colour computer. This was also the first commercially available POS system. Cloud-based POS systems started appearing in the 20th century. Cloud-based POS systems are independent from platform and operating system limitations.
- YourShop POS is a cloud-based system on dedicated servers.